Modern Metal Processing News Update
July 27, 2021
Some of you have already heard this news in the media. If you haven’t, I must inform you that our facilities at Modern Metal Processing were completely destroyed in a fire on the 6th of July.
It should be noted that we did not use any chemicals in the processing of our customer’s material. The fire was similar to a house fire in any neighborhood. In this case, the fire began in our large Age Oven they think or was started by Electrical shortages the explosions were from the oven, then the propane tanks on our lift trucks.
Again, no chemicals were used in our daily operations. Hopefully, that will resolve any concerns by those of you who live in proximity to Modern Metal Processing.
Thankfully, no one was in the building at the time of the fire. If there’s a silver lining in such a situation, the fact that there were no deaths or injuries is at the top of my list. That said, I also want to thank the fire department and the many brave individuals who fought the blaze that night. These people are heroes.
At this point, we’ve tried to make contact with as many customers as we could. It has taken a little while to get computers connected and get everything downloaded and up and running; if we have not yet been in contact with you, my apologies. The bewildering web of details to deal with since the fire has, at times, been overwhelming.
If you wish to send me an email, I might still be able to help you out.
So, what’s next?
We have been working with the insurance company and others to assess the scope of re-building. The numbers have not come in yet in order to make a determination of our next steps. I will keep you posted.
Meanwhile, I want to sincerely thank you for your patronage over the years, it’s my wish that we’ll be able to work together again in the very near future.
While I’m heartbroken about the fire and loss of the business (in the short term) I remain optimistic about the future. If you have any questions, please let me know.